Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting hair extentions for my son - Permed Curly hair - Damaged?

Here is the kind of hair my son wants :: http://tinyurl.com/3bom4z



[Son on right]



I was wondering, is it possible? I would like to take him to a good high quiality salon, but I don't know where I could find one.



I bought him this home perm set thing like 3 times. I don't know anything about hair, the before and after pictures seem to show what he wanted. It worked, his hair grew some more, we did it again, and then again. All seemed to go well.



He then wanted some hair dye. I went to my local CVS and got some 13 USD black hair dye with color protection or some things of the sort. Again, the before and after pictures looked good so I bought it.



It now breaks like hell to be frank and it is no longer soft like it used to me, it's a little rough rough.



Is there ANYTHING I can do to make it better%26gt;? I have seen that Fantastic Sams does a few hair recovery treatments for around 55 USD each; to get rid of chemicals, and recontrutive treatment and something else. Would these help my son?



Getting hair extentions for my son - Permed Curly hair - Damaged?

it's really unnessacary for a boy to get rediculously overpriced extension for a few more inches so he can get an overly trendy hairstyle. extensions arent readily available in short lengths at most salons so you'll pay for 12-16" extensions for them to cut 10 off. i'm not a licenced pro but i do tracks, glued and weave, and extensions are highly noticeable on the sides and bangs and will look tacky and cheap unless you get fusions (which will still show) and will cost anywhere from a few hundred to THOUSANDS. don't put any more chemicals in if his hair is already damaged. just buy deep conditioners. plus for those spikey myspace emo hipster styles soft hair doesn't work. i don't understand the perm situation. is his hair curly and you permed it straight or he wants curly? home perms are NEVER EVER EVER A GOOD IDEA. if he wants straight hair, buy him a flat iron. he'll need it anyway to get it to tease like that.



Getting hair extentions for my son - Permed Curly hair - Damaged?

Hello! There is this really good serie called TIGI, they make very good conditioners and shampoos for damaged hair. One is called Dumb Blonde it is originally made for blondes, but it is very very good for damaged hair like your son has now...He needs to wash hes hair with a deep cleanasing shampoo and then towel dry them...then put a dumb blonde conditioner on for a 5-10 minutes (additional) and then apply a little bit water and and get the conditioner to foam...Then he can take normal shower and let the water go straight to the hair. Putting a plastic bag or cover on top of the hair, when the conditioner is on makes the scalp warm out and that makes the conditioner more afficiant. What comes to the longer hair in the pic, I would say that only the sides need extencions, and other wise it only need good conditioner and really good cut. Unfortenately I cant tell you where would be the best salong to get the extencions from..I have understood that here in Usa, isnt that many people who does it ecpecially not at the contry side, maybe in towns. The most important thins is to get the hair in a good shape before putting the extencions in, because usually when you pout extencions we use glue, or other little bit harmful way to get them in. Clip ons are pretty good but it needs work from him to put them on every day, and I bet for a boy that is a big deal. I used black clip ons in mines for 6 months and i love them so does my cliants, so it is really up to you what to do.. Hopefully you got some help:) -Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment